Saturday, August 15, 2009

Artistic Originality is Not Dead . . . (it's just gone missing)

As part of my occasional attempt to keep up with mainstream media, I decided to watch music videos on VH1 this morning over breakfast. The first one that came up was David Cook's "Come Back to Me". I'll admit that I wasn't a huge fan of the song itself, but I was impressed by the really creative cinematic technique they used for the video, where time was going backwards but David Cook was singing in real time (from what I hear, the artist has to spend weeks learning to sing the song backwards!). It was so unique! So innovative! So origi- . . .

Hold the phone.

Where have I seen this concept before?

Oh, yeah. Here.

Ok, so to be fair, David Cook's "Come Back to Me" is not entirely a rip-off of Coldplay's "The Scientist", the former being a poignant tale of love lost, the latter being a poignant reminder to Click It or Ticket.

Just in case you needed any more proof:


Have a great weekend! See you Tuesday!

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment